Thursday, July 31, 2014

Uthumalai Sri Balasubramaniar Shrine

Salem is my second home place and I am happy to be part of such a wonderful piece of land !!!

Salem is famous for wide varieties but one among them which is close to my heart is the Swamy Sri Balasubramaniar Temple at Uthumalai, Seelanaickanpatti, Salem, Tamil Nadu. It is 4 km from Salem on the Seelanaickenpatti bypass road. The temple is  built on the mountain and looks wonderful.This amazing temple might be around 1000-2000 years old.


Metaled roads from the main entrance serves to reach the temple safely either by walk or using bike,car or mini van. There are steep curves, so heavy vehicles and buses can be avoided. The roads and the temple are well maintained by the Temple Trustee. Many people enjoy their walk & offering prayers to Lord Murugan .





The environment is so calm and amazing that it exempts me from this busy polluted & populated world :)

The aerial view from the temple will just keep me spellbound !!!


If any of you planning to visit Salem then this temple is must-watch place. See you soon !!!

3 comments:

  1. yesterday evening I had dharsan at Uthumalai. It was a most memorable divine experience. Shri Balasubramania swamy's dharsan on a krithigai day was a gift to me. I saw the temple when I went for lunch and immediately decided to go to the temple in the evening. It was also a blessing to have the dharsan of Shri Chakra Bairavar, the cave where Kapila muni Agsthiyar etc did penance Sirchakra engraved in the rocks by Agsthiyar for worshipping by himself and his wife Lopamudra. The Guruji who stays near Murugan temple informed me Astami is celebrated in a befitting manner every month. Pl go to Uthumalai and have the divine experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This koil is calm and nice place.

    ReplyDelete